Around 50,000 adolescents are said to be adding in the spectrum of adults with autism. At Amudipes Residential and Day Treatment Facilities, we join to empower the autistic community with programs that will help them live a better quality of life. We accept the Adult Autism Waiver (AAW) from the Medicaid’s Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) which is tailored to the particular needs of adults age 21 and older with ASD.
According to the Department of Human Services in the State of Pennsylvania, the purpose of AAW is to:
- Increase the person’s ability to care for themselves
- Decrease family/caregiver stress
- Increase quality of life for both the person and the family
- Provide specialized supports to adults with autism spectrum disorder based on need
- Help adults with autism spectrum disorder reach their employment goals
- Support more involvement in community activities
- Decrease crisis episodes and psychiatric hospitalizations
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Residential Care
- Respite Care
- Supported Employment, such as Job Assessment and Job Finding
- In-Home & Community Services
The services are not designed to cure autism, but they are developed to help individuals to boost self-reliance and community integration. To learn more about our programs and how to start receiving our care services, please feel free to talk to us today or send us a message. We are here to serve you.